Monday, November 5, 2012

Remember, Remember...

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holla boys, Holla boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
And what should we do with him? Burn him!

I found out about Guy Fawkes day from V for Vendetta. Now for a confession, I liked the movie far, far better than the graphic novel.

Yeah, I know. Blasphemy.

It helps that Andy and Lana Wachowski wrote the screenplay. 
Tomorrow is the big day to me. Crossing my fingers and hoping against hope that maybe we'll get the candidate that terrify me with taking away my access to healthcare for my daughter's condition and make sure that I have to face constant rhetoric about what I should be allowed to do with my body because of the 50% chance or so I had for a birth gender happen to fall on the making babies side. 

For those curious, I am aware that a woman, artist, liberal is cliched.

 If I survive that heart being in my throat and my stomach gurgling acid into my abdomen, I'll be writing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I follow Wheaton's Law when it comes to the internet. Don't be a dick and comment away.